Global Governance Advisors (GGA) includes “giving back to our community” as a core value of our corporate culture. The GGA staff identifies meaningful programs and partnerships that empower individuals living with developmental disabilities and youth in under-served communities. Our corporate philanthropy focuses on three areas:
- Promoting education for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- GGA has donated a 10,000 square foot fully-equipped kitchen at the Inverrary Golf Resort to Florida International University (FIU) and their Hospitality Program. FIU will establish a Culinary Institute to train neurotypical and Autistic students as specialty chefs and hospitality personnel. The culinary institute will provide room service and meals for conferences and events at the hotel and keep 100% of the proceeds. FIU has committed to promote job creation for autistic young adults. The hotel will also employ Autistic adults from the FIU Embrace program.
- Empowering children.
- GGA personnel have acted in senior leadership roles within Future Possibilities for Kids (“FPK”), a community-based organization that operates in the Greater Toronto Area. FPK works with children in under-served communities and helps them become leaders through the creation of meaningful Goals of Contribution to help their local communities.
- Providing family vacations for families with autistic children.
- In early 2012, GGA purchased its first vacation home in Sandestin, Florida to serve the needs of families living with autism. The GGA team raised $2 million for this initial residential property on Florida’s Emerald Coast that offers no-cost vacation stays to children with autism and their families. GGA Senior Partner, Luis Navas, has firsthand experience with autism, as his son developed a regressive form of the condition at age 2. Mr. Navas describes his motivation for purchasing the Emerald Coast vacation house, which comfortably sleeps 14, as stemming from a conversation he had with a corporate CEO who had quietly contributed most of his income to charitable endeavors.