“Given the pace of business change today, companies increasingly need agile boards with the expertise to guide the company amid emerging threats and opportunities. And investors increasingly expect that boards will embrace rigorous practices to ensure they have the right expertise in the boardroom to respond to evolving market and competitive demands. The highest-performing boards will adopt a continuous improvement mindset, ensuring that their composition evolves in light of new strategic imperatives.” AESC.org
Global Governance Advisors (GGA) works with its clients to address the challenge of meeting these threats head on and taking advantage of the opportunities to gain a competitive edge by addressing five human capital management questions for boards of directors.
Five HCM Questions for Boards of Directors (How does your organization approach these five questions?)
- How can our board better impact the success of the organization?
- Have we fostered an environment that encourages individual directors to think critically about their contributions and the relevance of their skills to the company strategy?
- Are we using our annual board assessment and regular executive sessions to assess the culture and dynamics in the boardroom and identify ways to operate more effectively?
- Does our board have a platform to analyze and scorecard senior management compensation plans?
- Does our board have access to an oversight vehicle for shareholder engagement activity that makes valuable information readily available to the board - in real time?
GGA’s unique approach of weaving together a blend of services - that address board productivity, governance and develop Senior Management compensation (incentive) plans that deliver outcomes that align with company goals - with technology is transformational for its clients. GGA’s emPower platform revolutionizes how boards of directors prepare for and conduct board meetings and evaluate member performance; provides peer compensation data and scorecards to develop effective senior management incentive plans; and improves oversight of shareholder engagement activity (including survey and proxy tabulation) and makes valuable information readily available to the board - in real time. emPower is the first cloud-based solution that integrates board evaluations, scorecards, and broadcast TV quality streaming video.